Friday, February 15, 2013

redefinitions & reactions

It is better to be ugly on the outside and beautiful on the inside than it is to be ugly on the inside and pretty on the outside. They might have a pretty face, the words they say might hurt, people might even agree with them. That's because they don't know you. If they knew you, they wouldn't say the words they say.
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." -Eleanor Roosevelt
No longer will I let people, or their opinions, define me. I refuse to stand underneath the titles they place upon me and the words with which they define me. I will rise against the slurs, the remarks, and the taunts. I will stand amidst the rude words spoken to me and I will walk on. I will not dignify their insecurities with a reaction. Words spoken by ignorant mouthes do not deserve any response.
~define yourself from truth, not opinion

No comments:

Post a Comment