Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Forgiveness and Pain

A friend of mine told me it's ok to be honest, to open up, and to have an opinion of my own. This isn't for her, but for another; someone I will probably never again call a friend.

The look in your eyes was the worst; after you said it.
A look of "It's what you deserved".
Then everybody laughed, as if it was a joke.
I laughed too, but not because it was funny.
Because it was irony.
You love to announce that you love me, yet only once have you told me that you were proud of me.
You used to believe, but then you gave up.
In some twisted way, you now believe that I'm not good enough.
For what?
Anything.
You've defined me as a project: your project.
Guess what?
I am not your project.
I am not an object.
Your goals, your desires, your definitions for me are no longer valid.
Your love is void.
It is not ok: what you said.
It will never be ok.
No matter what you say, nothing will change.
It still hurt. You still said it. And most importantly, I still forgive you.


No comments:

Post a Comment