Sunday, October 21, 2012

the struggle

Dear girl,
Life is definitely not what any of us expected. The world has this way of telling us that our value is determined by our looks, or our status, when in reality, our value isn't determined by any of those things. I think we see the struggle, we see the pain, we the hurt and the brokenness. In truth, it's the hard times that bring out the worst in us. It's the rain, the sweat, and the tears that show us the scars of who we were and who we struggle to no longer be. We see the struggle, but we don't see the resolve. Maybe because it's not our struggle to resolve. Our struggle has been resolved for us. It's our job to accept, not to initiate. I don't believe in myself. I can't do anything. I believe in Jesus who assures me that He's done everything for me. It's my job to accept.

No comments:

Post a Comment