Thursday, May 24, 2012

A butterfly without wings

I am the very definition of a people pleaser. My reputation holds more value than my character itself. And I'm ashamed to say but this is true. I need affirmation from people to even think that I am loved but i doubt almost every one of them--do they really know me? Ive spent the past two years radically changing myself to fit into someone else's box. And do those people even care? No. It's the ones who do care that have seen me broken and lost and unsure who care and despite all of this they still love me. And if I continue to warp myself I may not be able to change back into who I want to be. I might find mysel stuck and I might lose what matters most- those who love me. I will not warp, I will not be stuffed into a box created by people who do not know me. I will be softened and I will be molded but only by hands who have created before; by hands who know what they're doing. by defenition, I will be molded by Gods hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment